After almost seven years at the helm of the Town of East Fremantle, Gary Tuffin has resigned as CEO. Providing three months’ notice, Gary’s resignation will take effect from 18 May 2023, after which he will take up the position of CEO at the Town of Cambridge.
The result is Gary leaves behind one of the smaller municipalities in Perth with over 7,000 folk to join one with around 30,000, meaning he gets to worry about an extra 23,000 folk in his new job!
The Town’s Elected Members and Staff whole-heartedly congratulated Gary on his new appointment, however they were very quick to comment on how much he will be missed at the Town.
“It has been an absolute privilege to serve the Town of East Fremantle as CEO, and as my fourth CEO appointment, it has been a very difficult decision to leave this team of Elected Members and Staff,” Gary Tuffin said. “We work cohesively in a positive and impactful environment, and I will truly miss the people.”
Commencing in the role in March 2016, the Town emphasised hiw Gary has been instrumental in shaping cultural change, providing strong leadership through the Covid period and guiding and delivering on many strategic priorities and projects across the Town, including:
* Leading the community engagement, design and business plan development for the $33.5 million East Fremantle Oval Precinct Redevelopment project, including a funding commitment of $25 million from the State Government
* Resetting the organisational values to be team based, with a strong focus on customer service
* Full renovation and restoration of Town Hall (Administration Office and Council Chambers)
* Implementation of the Community Assistance Grants and Community Engagement Program
* Improved public facilities for children and youth, and
* Guiding the development of the Town’s first Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan?
East Freo folk no doubt will eagerly await news on the identity of their new CEO.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE –
PLEASE HELP US TO GROW FREMANTLE SHIPPING NEWS
FSN is a reader-supported, volunteer-assisted online magazine all about Fremantle. Thanks for helping!
** Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive your free copy of The Weekly Edition of the Shipping News each Friday!