Get into the Christmas spirit at Fremantle Ports’ premier dockside location, Victoria Quay this Saturday at the Victoria Quay Christmas Carnival from 3-9pm. There will be free rides, free fairy-floss and popcorn for the kids and free parking at Victoria Quay.
Kids will enjoy an Elf Show, skate workshops, face painting, giant bubbles and of course, a visit from Santa himself. Big kids can grab a bite to eat from a selection of food trucks, browse pop-up shops, groove along to the sounds of WA Samba and take in great roving performances. The E Shed Markets will be open for all your Christmas shopping needs and a licenced bar to kick back and relax.
Everyone can enjoy one of Perth’s newest rides, The Dream Swinger. With 360-degree views, you will reach for the stars, soaring 12 metres into the air and it lights up at night! There’s also the Cup & Saucer, Runaway Train and The Storm; a fast-spinning G force experience for the more adventurous. Little ones can have their own kind of fun in the big bouncy castle.
You can also take a peek at Container – the box that changed the world, an interactive, solar-powered exhibition displayed in six colourful, modified sea containers, spread across the western end of Victoria Quay.
Two lucky families will win a free trip to Rottnest, so be sure to drop your entry into the barrel on the day.
This fun-packed carnival of rides, live music, food and family-friendly entertainment kicks off the annual Quay to Summer program, so keep watching for exciting events all summer long.
The full Quay to Summer program of events at Victoria Quay includes:
- Victoria Quay Christmas Carnival, 7 December, 3-9pm. Free family-friendly event featuring free rides, live music, food and roving entertainers.
- Container free travelling exhibition, 2 November – 14 April: Presented by the Western Australian Museum in partnership with Fremantle Ports and the Freight and Logistics Council of WA, Container – the box that changed the world is an interactive, solar-powered exhibition displayed in six colourful, modified sea containers, spread across the western end of Victoria Quay. Open daily.
- Jungle Collective mega plant sale, B Shed, weekend 1-2 February: B Shed will be full of rare, unusual and hard-to-find decorative plants.
- The Dock pop-up bar in B Shed, 13 December continuing into 2020: Enjoy a drink while watching the passing ships from B Berth, or admire the harbour through B Shed’s huge cargo doors.
- Victoria Quay Movie Marathon, B Shed, 10-18 January: Grab some popcorn and watch a classic, family-friendly film for free, from the comfort of a beanbag. Movie titles announced soon.
- Victoria Quay Traders Market, weekend 1-2 February: This huge market will bring together craft, art, food, plants, entertainment and plenty of kids’ activities.
- Victoria Quay Food Truck Sundays, selected Sundays in February: Dine out on tasty dishes from around the world from your favourite food trucks.
- Paint the Port, Saturday 14 March: Come to Victoria Quay and paint, draw or photograph the port.
- E Shed Markets, Fridays to Sundays: With its amazing array of things to buy and places to eat, the E Shed Markets will trade as usual throughout the summer.
Visit www.victoriaquay.com.au for details.